Tuesday 23 September 2014

Schwarzwalder




Zantedeschia 'Schwarzwalder', that's her name. I'm sure it's a she. All those delicious curves. And I think that her name doesn't suit her at all. Far too butch for how she looks. So let's just go for Calla. That's what everyone calls her anyway.

I made Calla for the 30 day challenge on Facebook. You can read more about it in a previous post. Because many people are very partial to "black" plants and flowers I decided to post this one here too. I did it this evening using watercolour and coloured pencils. Black colours are wonderful to mix and to paint with. So deep and rich.... hmmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really interesting, a part the drawing that is so beautifully done !
GB

shevaun said...

I am very partial to the beautiful colour of black too. You're right, Calla is far more elegant name for this sophisticated beauty. This is a stunning little piece!