Friday 3 January 2014

More bulbs!

I know I've just posted about the tulip mothers but when I uploaded it I saw that I forgot to tell you about my previous bulb painting. They are also tulip bulbs. Very different though. These are very small and have no babies. They are not as silky and shiny as the "Black Hero" bulbs. They are rougher and have the colour of cinnamon. I really love these small ones. They are botanical tulips and look a bit different from the "normal", popular tulips you see everywhere.


So here they are. 6 Small bulbs of Tulipa batalinii seedlings. The scan took away the roots and detail in the fluffy parts a bit but you get the idea.
Not so sure if I'll paint the flowers of them, or of the Black Heroes. I just love bulbs more then the flowers they produce. But... you never know...

3 comments:

Janene said...

Your bulb paintings are charming! I am fascinated with bulbs and roots too. They have such interesting textures.

Anonymous said...

Your paintings show us what beauty there is bulbs, especially tulips with their smoothness and depth of colour. I think, having followed your link to pinterest, the flowers would make a lovely painting with their subtleness of colour.

Linda Miller, Artist said...

Exquisite depth of color and fun composition too.